Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Calories

I was reading one of my endurance sports nutrition books last night. I calculated my weight, and my activity level and I am NOT eating enough! I think this may be hindering my weight loss attempt. I should be over 2,000 a day and I MIGHT hit that, if not just less. Who would think not eating enough would be the reason why you can't lose weight! I know I have to try eating more, I just need it not to be chips and cookies and junk. LOL. I find once I start running over 40 miles per week I'm ALWAYS hungry. I'll be close to 50 by the end of this week. I can only imagine how I'll feel in a few weeks around 60! I'm trying to not gorge myself though! I'm not trainng for an ultra, just a marathon. Yes, I need to eat, but cookies & chips in abundance are not part of a healthy diet.

Hopefully the blogging will help keep me accountable! So far I've had a 6oz yogurt, my favorite bread toasted with pb & a cut up banana.

My run tonight is 5 miles. No other training today. Swim again tomorrow though!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I saw that you stuck up for me on Denise's blog. Thank you <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once you get up there in mileage I find that you are always hungry but the body really needs those extra calories

    ReplyDelete